NHNH is continuing our Gardening and Sustainability Series funded by Monash Community Grants Programme for 2023. These gardening lectures will be delivered by Sustainable Gardening Australia. Each program will host a guest speaker providing information, light refreshments and community chat time.
Thursday, 23 Feb | 6 pm – 7.30 pm | FREE
The garden is more than just an outdoor room. It can be a place of Climate Action where you can connect with the environment and implement changes to reduce your contribution to climate change and help build climate resilience.
- How the Garden can be used to reduce your impact to a changing climate
- Climate 7 framework
- Ways to Reduce Impact
- Mitigation and Adaption
- Question Convenience
- Get Informed
- Quite Consumerism
- Use Your Voice
- Organic waste and carbon emissions
- Creating micro-climates to cool gardens and houses
- Food gardening and reducing food miles
- Water Smart Gardening and impact on emissions
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle