Monday – Friday
10.00am – 3.00pm
(NHNH remains closed during school holidays and public holidays)
There is plenty of street parking available. Please do not park in front of the shops during open hours, to allow room for their customers and staff.
Ride bus 703 or 737 up to ‘Normanby Road’ stop. Walk to Normanby Road, continue on to Tamala Avenue, then down Westerfield Drive and you’ll find us!
Volunteer with Us
Volunteers are the backbone of Notting Hill Neighbourhood House. At Notting Hill we are always looking for local volunteers to work within a range of positions from administration, event management, garden maintenance, and tutoring/mentoring others.
Why volunteer with us?
- You will get a chance to help and connect with your community and make a difference in our community.
- You can build new skills in communications, organisational, community development, technology, or anything you suggest?
- You can gather professional experience and meet people who can guide you in this process.
- You will meet new people and make new friends.
- You could gain confidence and grow personally.
These are all wonderful things to gain. So why not apply to volunteer with us?
Volunteer with Us
Committee of Management Volunteers
Notting Hill Neighbourhood House is a strong, vibrant and engaging community hub. Our vision and mission is to support social inclusion and diversity, community development and life-long learning.
Being a relatively young Neighbourhood House (established in 2007), we are continually looking to broaden our networks, work closely with and respond to community needs, interests and developmental goals. While no specialist skills are required for this role, potential candidates would require:
- An interest in helping a community organisation
- A desire to learn about and further the work of Notting Hill Neighborhood House
- Time to participate in monthly Committee meetings (about 2-4 hours)
- Occasionally participate in Notting Hill community events
- A willingness to support staff and volunteers with skills and advice where required
- Desire to be part of a team in a respectful and supportive environment
Becoming a member of Notting Hill Neighbourhood House Committee of Management is rewarding. You will meet like-minded people, gain new skills and experience while contributing to your community. The Committee of Management is responsible for Notting Hill Neighborhood House’s governance, ensuring that our organisation meets all legal and constitutional requirements whilst remaining accountable to funding bodies, stakeholders and the community.
We are currently not hiring at the moment.
Notting Hill Neighbourhood House is a not-for-profit organisation that relies on grants, donations and fundraising. Donations will go towards funding our community events and purchasing supplies for our classes and programs. Any donation, no matter how big or small, will help us provide the best events, programs and classes for our community. Thank you!
Donations are accepted through PayPal or PayID.
For PayPal please click the icon below. For PayID please email email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Community
In 2020 during the first lockdown, we created a WhatsApp group to stay connected with our neighbours. To our delight, a number of people have found their way to our group and the spirit of Notting Hill remains stronger than ever. You are welcome to join in on our community chat!