Take charge of the financial health of Notting Hill Neighbourhood House by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, budgets, cash flow forecasts, payroll, accounts payable and receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills, administration support skills, be able to handle time-sensitive tasks and be able to work independently while being a team member.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Administration payroll – part/casual and contract staff (inc. superannuation)
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software – MYOB (Minimum 2 years)
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Experience working within a community or no-for-profit based organisation and/or working with Committee of Management
- Qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Economics (Preferred)
If you’re looking for engaging and community driven work, and feel that your unique skills meet our challenges. Please send your resume to email@example.com, by Monday December 18th, 2017.
COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT MEMBERS – VOLUNTEER
Notting Hill Neighbourhood House is a strong, vibrant and engaging community hub. Our vision and mission is to support social inclusion and diversity, social enterprise, community capacity development and life-long learning.
Being are a relatively young Neighbourhood House (8 yrs old), we are continually looking to broaden our strengths, work closely with and respond to community need, interests and developmental goals. While no specialist skills are required for this role, potential candidates would require
- an interest in helping in a community organisation
- a desire to learn about and further the work of Notting Hill Neighbourhood House
- time to participate in monthly COM meetings (about two- four hours)
- willingness to support staff and volunteers with skills and advice where required
- desire to be part of a team in a respectful and supportive environment
Please consider becoming a member of NHNH Committee of Management – it is fun, rewarding, you meet like minded people, provides you with new skills and experience while you make a great contribution to your community. The Committee of Management is responsible for NHNH’s governance, ensuring that our organisation meets all legal requirements and remains accountable to funders, stakeholders and the community.
If you’re looking for engaging and community driven work, and feel that your unique skills may compliment and add to our management team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.